Thank you for your interest in my work. Below I have outlined the process for both acquisitions and commissions. If you would like to get in touch right away, please do.
Update: December 6, 2013: There is currently a waiting list for commissions, Borbay’s earliest availability to begin a new piece is March 1st.
Square Up With Borbay Online
You can now acquire select Borbay original paintings online. Please visit the Borbay Square Marketplace for more information. If you see something marked “Available” in my online gallery, and wish to have it added to the Square Marketplace, please contact Borbay directly.
Existing Work Acquisition
All of my original paintings are for sale. You can view each painting and its status (sold, in-contract or available) in my online gallery.
Existing Work Acquisition Process
After you have a moment to look around, here is the process:
2. I will confirm the availability of the piece(s), and provide the price by way of a confidential password-protected web page;
3. After agreeing upon the terms, I will draft a simple one-page contract and send it to you for review;
4. Upon the signature of the contract and receipt of payment (by wire, check, etc.), the work(s) will be shipped/hand-delivered immediately.
International Sales and Acquisitions
My work is available for sale globally, and has been acquired by collectors in Italy, London, China, Japan and Norway. The process for international transactions is as follows:
1. Identify the desired work and/or commission and contact me;
2. I will send a price via a confidential password-protected web page;
3. Once materially agreed upon, I will calculate the anticipated shipping costs;
4. Next, I will email a contract of sale, which also serves as the invoice outlining all costs;
5. Upon the receipt of the mutually signed contract and full payment via check or money wire, the work will be shipped.
The first step is getting in touch by means of email, phone or in-person. Once the material desire for a commission is established, you can expect the following process:
1. We discuss your thoughts and ideas about the painting you wish to commission, citing existing works you admire (created by yours truly or otherwise) as a point of reference;
2. Once we discuss the concept and style, I will photograph the location/subject matter (if applicable), visit the desired location (if required) and discuss a start date;
3. After agreeing upon the terms, I will draft a simple contract and send it to you for review; the terms are general: price, line items, publicity and exhibition clauses;
4. 50% of the commission total is due upon signing, and the remaining 50% is paid on the successful delivery of the work;
5. Once completed, the work(s) will be shipped/hand-delivered immediately.
Commission Availability and Pricing
My commission availability fluctuates — sometimes I have a three month wait, others, I can start immediately. Prices vary depending on size, subject matter and complexity. At this stage of my career, I have the unfortunate/fortunate problem of pricing myself out of a great deal of commissions. In this instance, I am happy to refer you to an exceptional artist within your range.