I accept private, corporate and commercial commissions. Here is a top-level overview of the standard engagement:
We will discuss what you would like to commission via email or a call (+1.646.469.6496).
Once we identify the subject matter, size, style, creation process and price — you will receive a one-page contract outlining the sale.
50% is due upon signing, and 50% is due upon completion and approval.
Upon receipt of full payment, the work will be shipped (a tracking number will be provided by email).
- Commissions are scheduled based on the order they are received.
- A signed contract and 50% down payment secures a time slot.
- Corporate and commercial commissions may require a statement of work.
- I am available for travel to create a commission on-location (travel and lodging paid by collector).
- Shipping is additional, and will be calculated for approval in advance.
- For sales made in Idaho, Idaho State Sales Tax will apply.
- International collectors are responsible for any applicable duties and/or taxes.
The commission process requires a great deal of collaboration up-front. Once under way, your level of involvement is up to you. Here is an overview of the process:
I will create a visual strip showcasing 5-10 potential compositions and send them to you via email for review and approval.
Simultaneously, I will send you an email questionnaire to gather more information about the piece we are creating.
If your commission involves collage, I will email you a visual layout of the proposed collage composition, with a detailed explanation of each element for your review and approval.
Once the composition is chosen, and (if applicable) the collage elements are approved, I will begin creating.
You can choose to receive frequent visual updates by email throughout the process.
I will send a visual preview of your painting for approval, prior to signing.
The completed process will be outlined in-depth, featuring photos, commentary and a time lapse video. You can choose to share the post on my site, or keep it private.
My current commission rates are available upon request.
Here are a few articles I’ve written about art collecting on Forbes:
Interested in acquiring an existing painting?